3M 1700 Temflex electrical tape is considered to be general use tape. It is a black, 7 mil thick vinyl constructed tape. Inexpensive and relatively durable, Temflex 1700 insulating tape resists abrasion, moisture, alkalis, acid, copper corrosion and weather (including ultraviolet rays). Flame retardant and UL-listed, this basic electrical tape is often imitated, never equaled, and found in toolboxes the world over.
- 1700 Temflex tape is a primary electrical insulation for all wire and cable splices rated up to 600 volts.
- 3M 1700 Temflex is a polyvinyl chloride (PVC) tape that is flame-retardent and conformable.
- Provides excellent mechanical protection with minimum bulk.
- Width: 3/4 in
- Thickness: 7 mil
- Temp. Range: 176.0 F [Max]
- Tensile Strength (2): 17 lb/in
- Material: Vinyl
- Resistant to Abrasion, Moisture, Alkalies, Acid, Copper Corrosion, Varying Weather Conditions Including Sunlight
- Testing and approvals:UL Listed; UL 510 Standard ''Insulating Tape'' (product category OANZ), File E129200
- CSA Certification; Standard C22.2 No. 197-M1983 ''PVC Insulating Tape,'' File LR 48769
- Genuine Parts and Products.
- 1700 Temflex Electrical Tape meets or exceeds and standards.
Made in the USA